A Text-to-Give account is established by having three verified and active elements tied together:
“Text any amount to 84321 to give” – This is all the instruction you will need.
If you text $5 and you’ve never set up Text-to-Give, you’ll be asked to set up a payment method. From that point forward, giving will be as simple as sending a text.
You can see this setup process in the video above. It’s easy for you to set up text to give and although we’re showing all the steps in the list below… give it a try yourself. You’ll see that it feels a lot more quicker than it reads.
- Send an amount (example: $5 or $1.00) to the short code 84321. This is a shared shortcode used by other churches in your area.
- If the number isn’t set up for text-to-give, a setup link will be sent back. Tap the setup link be guided to the next step.
- Select Reverb Church. A list of churches in the area will be suggested. If your phone number is recognized by Planning Center Giving, the appropriate church will be listed as a “Suggested” organization.
- Enter your email address and, if prompted, your name.
- Enter the payment method you’d like to use for text-to-give. If you’re already a donor and you’ve added a payment method before (say, a bank account for ACH or a credit card) then you can optionally log in to access your saved payment methods.
- Complete your initial setup donation. The initial donation will go to the default (usually the “General” fund) but subsequent donations can be directed to more specific funds using keywords.
- “roots” for Roots Capital Campaign
- “missions” for General Missions