YOUR FAMILY MESSY? OURS TOO
watch the video below and see if you can relate
WHEN & WHERE
current sermon series | Sundays Am & PM
9A & 11A
What is the phone-free challenge?
During our Imperfect Family sermon series, we're challenging families and friends to spend quality time together free of distraction and digital devices. Check out some ideas below of how to do this! This isn't going to be easy so expect some obstacles, feedback, temptation to cave in and flip on the T.V., and learning moments along the way!
Idea #1: Have a conversation over dinner
- What was the best part of your day?
- What is something you're thankful for?
- What is one question you have about God and the Bible?
- Click here for some helpful tips and conversation starters
Idea #2: Watch a wholesome movie and talk about it after
Movies are often humankind's attempt to solve questions that only God can answer. There are ton of great films that raise these questions, are safe for your family, and can start some really great conversations! Here's a short list:
- Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis wrote these stories with Christ and the Bible in mind. There a ton of great topics for people of all ages to discuss.
- Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien was a friend and contemporary of C.S. Lewis. You'll won't get far into these films without finding something to talk about!
- War Room - What role does prayer have in the life of your family? This film will challenge and encourage you to deepen your prayer life individually and as a family.
- So Much More - We know this isn't an exhaustive list, but the point is to look for the teaching lessons in the movies you know and love! See something in the movie that scripture encourages? Point it out in God's word and celebrate it. See something in the movie that God disapproves of? Teach your family what God says about our obedience.
Idea #3: Play a game
Playing games with family can reveal the worst and the best in us. As these things come up, address them if necessary and turn the conversation to God, His word, and His expectations. You'll be surprised how this will shape your response and your family.
Idea #4: spend time in god's word and prayer together
Although there are a million things that you can do as a family that will bring you closer and allow you to have a good time, at the end of the day it is ALL about Christ and His word that He has left for us. Are you intimidated about teaching your children? Are you nervous to pray as a family? That's fine! Be nervous, but do it anyway. Here's a few resources to get you started:
Need help with getting in the word personally?
Idea #5: go on a purposeful date
- Date your spouse.
- Talk about real and important stuff. (Not the kids new school & sports schedule)
- Discuss scripture, what it means, and how it shapes the goals and dreams you have for your family and future.
- Pray as a couple and seek how God would have you live out this most important earthly relationship you'll ever have.
Single or Dating?
- Make sure that your priorities and preferences for your future spouse are in alignment with scripture.
- Challenge your significant other or friends around you in the Lord.
- Pursue that godly person, rather than hovering around their social feed.
- Spend time with other believers that will encourage and confront you with biblical truths.
- Get off the phone and experience God's creation with others.
Questions or Concerns? Give us a shout!
PLAN A VISIT
PLAN A VISIT
WE'VE GOT A FREE GIFT WAITING FOR YOU
INVITE A FRIEND
CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK EVENT